Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip Oreo Review
Did you know that the “31” in “31 Flavors” Baskin Robbins represents a different flavor for every day of the month? When it comes to joining forces with Oreo, there’s definitely no shortage of flavor combinations, that’s for sure. It seems like Oreo is trolling out new products every month. Baskin Robbins made an Oreo Cookies ‘n Creme ice cream flavor. And now Oreo has made a Baskin Robbins flavored cookie. It works well both ways.
How about some more fun facts about Baskin Robbins? Pretty interesting stuff:
- BR’s trademark colors are blue and pink. Its specialty is that the color pink in the logo forms not only a part of the letters BR, but also the number 31, representing the famous 31 flavor concept of Baskin Robbins.
- The traditional colors of Baskin Robbins were pink and brown. Pink was to represent cherry and brown, chocolate, while the polka dots were to give the feel of circus balloons.
- On May 18, 2000, Baskin-Robbins® entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for creating the “World’s largest ice cream scoop pyramid. It had 3100 scoops of ice cream!
- Burt Baskin and Irv Roberts believed that customers should be able to taste a sample of as many flavors as they liked till they found their favorite without having to pay for it. This gave rise to the iconic pink spoon.
- Baskin Robbins also has its share of unusual ice cream flavors. They include avocado, garlic, azuki bean, jalapeno and pumpkin. There was an even weirder flavor called dill pickle ice cream that was targeted to expectant mothers.
If you wanna know more, check out the Baskin Robbins fun facts page!
Ok, so back to this new limited edition Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip Oreo. It claims to have mint and chocolate flavor cremes with chocolate chips. I’m expecting more than just a mint chocolate cookie and more of an ice cream flavored experience. That’s a lot to ask, especially since I’m not a huge Oreo fan. However, I have three favorite flavors at Baskin Robbins – Chocolate & Peanut Butter, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Tin Roof. Seeing as how my second favorite flavor is in this Oreo, I’m hoping it kicks it up a notch or two.
Right away when I opened the package, this huge waft of cool, crisp mint and creamy dark chocolate came out. I’m impressed already. If you smelled a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream, this is the exact scent you’ll pick up. My expectations are even higher for the taste now.
Holy crap. These are absolutely delicious! I can’t say it’s exactly like eating a bowl of Baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip ice cream. But that’s only because of the overload of chocolate from the cookies. It’s a tad unbalanced because there’s so much chocolate, but it’s still really tasty.
I tried just the creme inside – and it’s exactly as described on the package. It’s a dual layer of chocolate and mint, with tiny pieces of chocolate “chips” in the cremes. to be honest, when I eat the cremes without the cookies – that is where I get the ice cream experience. It has that silky, creaminess of ice cream – more than just a mint and chocolate cookie. It’s more than I expected, that’s for sure. Oreo already has a mint + chocolate cookie, and I was afraid this would be pretty much the same thing. It’s definitely not!
I’m impressed and really happy that Oreo and Baskin Robbins are besties. I would love to see more collaborations between the two – more ice creams based off of Oreo cookie flavors, and more cookies with Baskin Robbins ice cream flavors. Until then, I’ll just stuff my chubby face with more of both and create my own collaboration… in my mouth.